- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Amit Kanvinde is interested in the seismic response and design of steel structures with an emphasis on understanding extreme limit states such as fracture, fatigue, and collapse. His research addresses structural performance at the material, component, as well as the building scales. This work involves combinations of experiments, computational simulation and analytical modeling. Visit the publications page for more details.
Awards & Honors
- 2018 ASCE State of the Art of Civil Engineering Award
- 2017 National Academy of Engineering, Frontiers of Engineering Symposium
- 2017 American Institute of Steel Construction Special Achievement Award
- 2016 ASCE Walter Huber Research Prize
- 2008 Norman Medal, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2003 Best graduate student paper award, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- 1999 John A Blume Fellowship at Stanford University.