ABET accreditation assures that a program has met quality standards set by the profession.
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering undergraduate programs at the University of California, Davis, are to produce engineers that:
1. Are able to develop or design safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions for civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research;
2. Grow professionally in their careers through continued development of technical, management, and oral and written communication skills; achievement of professional licensure; and assumption of roles of responsibility and leadership in professional service;
3. Achieve their professional aims ethically and with cultural competency within an environment characterized by the diverse needs of society and the profession.
Graduates of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program will have:
1: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2: An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5: An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7: An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment and Graduation Data
- Data for undergraduate enrollment and undergraduate degrees in Civil Engineering
- Data for undergraduate enrollment and undergraduate degrees in Environmental Engineering
The Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. The Environmental Engineering major started in 2017 and has not yet undergone accreditation review, therefore students who are interested in majoring in Environmental Engineering are highly encouraged to double major with Civil Engineering.