- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Bombardelli's research interests focus on the development and use of computational-fluid-dynamics and computational-hydraulics techniques to address problems belonging to the field of environmental fluid mechanics.
Awards & Honors
- 2017-2022 Gerald T. and Lilian P. Orlob Professorship in Water Resources Engineering
- 2015 CEE Young Alumni Award, University of Illinois
- 2015 Outstanding ASCE Faculty Advisor Award in the State of California (Region 9)
- 2012 Outstanding Reviewer recognition, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE
- 2009-2010 Journal of Hydraulic Research Best Reviewer Award, IAHR
- 2003 Finalist Award in the 11th Student Technical Paper Competition, ASME Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, Cleveland, OH, ASME International
- 2003 First Prize (Best Paper) in the Student Technical Paper Competition for the World Water & Environmental Resources Congress, Philadelphia, PA, EWRI/ASCE
- 2001 Glenn and Helen Stout Water Resources Research Award, UIUC.