Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Discussion
- Discussion will take place on August 30, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. PT - 12:00 p.m. PT
Join the UC Davis Climate Adaptation Research Center for a discussion on the recently released sixth assessment report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The report covers the "most up-to-date physical understanding of the climate system and climate change, bringing together the latest advances in climate science, and combining multiple lines of evidence from paleoclimate, observations, process understanding, and global and regional climate simulations"(IPCC Summary).
The need for adaptation in addition to mitigation within our communities, both large and small, is wildly apparent, so UC Davis researchers will participate in an illustrative panel on the major takeaways of the report and describe how the Center can provide core expertise for adaptation research and education throughout the world. Join the conversation by letting us know what questions you have about the report and how it relates to your community or research.
· Dr. Lubell, Director, Center for Environmental Policy & Behavior
· Dr. Shilling, Director, Road Ecology Center
· Dr. Margolis, Associate Adjunct Professor, Environmental Health Internal Medicine
· Dr. Conlon, Climate Adaptation Research Center Co-Director
· Dr. Monier, Climate Adaptation Research Center Co-Director
· Dr. Largier, Professor, Environmental Science & Policy
Moderated By: Dr. Chu, Climate Adaptation Research Center Co-Director
Organized and Facilitated By: Dr. Barbato, Climate Adaptation Research Center Co-Director