- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Herman’s research addresses water resources planning and management under uncertainty with conflicting objectives. His lab group studies a range of problems including forecast-based reservoir operations, long-term adaptation to climate change, and the dynamics of human and environmental systems affecting water demand and land use. This work aims to advance model-based decision support for integrated water resources systems.
Awards & Honors
- NSF CAREER, 2021
- Early Career Research Excellence Award, iEMSs, 2020
- ENRE Best Publication in Natural Resources, INFORMS, 2019
- UC Davis Hellman Fellow, 2019
- Editor’s Citation for Excellence in Refereeing, Water Resources Research, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Quentin Martin Best Practice-Oriented Paper, ASCE-EWRI, 2016
- 2016 ASCE Outstanding Reviewer, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management
- Bernard Meyers Graduate Fellowship, Cornell University, 2014
- 2014 Outstanding Reviewer, Environmental Modelling and Software.